Pandemic Panacea | Free with Reservation
CURBSIDE THEATER PICKUP is a mobile, outdoor art munchie. It comes to you at home or another location in Utah’s Salt Lake and Summit Counties. The audience is safely distant from us and each other.
The 5-minute show blends dance, movement, theater, and often live music. Best for adult sensibilities, from mature teens on up. This project is supported by arts grants and donations.
Please scroll down for more info and a link to reservations.
How to see it
- Check the space requirement. We can pull along the curb or park in a driveway.
- Fill out the reservation form. Choose as many nights as possible because we schedule based on location and demand.
- Suitable for all audiences. Invite pals, neighbors, or make it just your household. But remember safe social distancing and to wear masks.
We created Curbside Theater Pickup as a small comfort during a crisis. It’s a symbol of continuity, of adapting, of carrying on, and of live art as a way to exercise our humanity. We’re going to try to offer it to as many people as we can. We’ll need help. Please consider supporting the project according to your ability. SB Dance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and your donation is tax-deductible as allowable by law.
$20 • Watching my budget
$50 • Holding steady
$75 • I am feeling generous and can be
- Is this safe during the Covid crisis? It’s a brief outdoor performance and we stay far away from you.
- What does free with suggested donation mean? There’s no fee or admission price. If you can afford to help support with a donation, then please do so according to your ability. Some people give $500. Some give $25. Some are out of work and can’t afford anything right now. We’re pulling this off together.
- Is this okay for kids? There’s no profanity or nudity or anything like that, but it’s made for mature minds. Think of it like going to a nice restaurant: some kids enjoy almost anything and some will only order off the children’s menu. My Little Pony it ain’t.
- What’s your advice about location? We need enough curbside to easily park a car and trailer. It needs to be fairly level. We need 10′ between viewers and the stage. There should also be enough room for your group to social distance if they’re from different bubbles. The performance is 5 minutes long so standing is fine. Make sure neighbors are okay with music.
- What’s the best time? After dusk so our lighting is visible.
- What happens after I make a reservation? Once there are enough locations in the same area who want the same night, we’ll put you on the schedule and let you know. The day before and day of the performance, we’ll text you.
- Is it always the same piece? SB Dance offers several pieces over the summer. Which one you get depends on our schedule. Just pray you don’t get Grandma Clampett.
- This is terrific. How can I help get the word out? Send folks the link to this site, get on Instagram and tag #curbsidetheater. We are really endeavoring to reach vulnerable people who haven’t been out much since the crisis began. Please reach out to coordinate.