HOW TO HOST A MOST EXCELLENT EVENING OF CURBSIDE
These details are the first priority:
- Date (and maybe a rain date, which isn’t obligatory, but nice just in case)
- Time: Dusk catches the golden hour, but we can start later too (before that, lighting won’t be visible)
- Location: the best spot for viewing and comfort
- Expense: there’s are numerous factors like travel, whether it’s open to your neighbors or private, and other event characteristics
Once that’s confirmed, there are a few details to consider for your event:
- Do you want to have a social activity before the show? We highly recommend it.
- Do you want to make it RSVP so you know how many people to expect? Keep in mind that not everyone who RSVPs will attend.
- Do you want to host as a team? Different responsibilities are: providing the location, inviting guests, coordinating food and drink.
- Do you want your guests to donate to help with the expense? They can give directly to SB Dance here.
Next, it’s time to message your guests:
- For Evite or similar: “My house is a theater for a night. Please join me for a performance called Tarotville by SB Dance’s Curbside Theater. It’s dance, theater, music, light…a professional concert experience, and the only one of its kind. We’ll start at [time] with nibbles and sips. You can learn more, and donate to the cause, at CurbsideTheater.com”
- We can also customize the graphics below to incorporate into your invite or send separately in emails.
- Be sure to remind people. We suggest doing so about 10 days in advance, and again about 3 days in advance.